Benefits & Advantages
- Become a Level II Dental Assistant in 8 Weekends
Read More >>
- Competitive Rates
- New Teaching Equipment
- Large and Small Classroom Size
- Close to Subway, TTC and major auto routes
Weekends: Friday 4-8pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-5pm (160 hours)
Course length: 8 weeks
Salary Range: approx. $15-$23/hour
This program is Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
Dental Assisting Level II is now offered on the weekends.
The program will run Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for a duration of 8 weeks.
Toronto College of Dental Hygiene and Auxiliaries Inc Level II Dental Assisting Program curriculum has been approved by the NDAEB so that graduates are able to write the National Dental Assisting Board Examination.
This program provides the student with the theoretical and practical experience of a DA Level II duties. All concepts taught in the theoretical classroom will be demonstrated and practiced in the clinical setting on manikins, student partners and clients. The student will demonstrate these clinical skills while adhering to the ODAA code of ethics.
National Mandatory Core Duties
- Dental Assisting (Level I)
- Dental radiography
- Mechanical polishing of the coronal portion of the teeth (not including any instrumentation)
- Placement and removal of rubber dam
- Taking of preliminary impressions of teeth for study models
- Topical application of anti-cariogenic agents
- Oral hygiene instruction with an intra-oral component
- Dietary counseling relative to dentistry
- Application of materials topically to prepare the surface of the teeth for pit and fissure sealants
- Application of pit and fissure sealants
- Application of topical anesthetics
- Application of desensitizing agents
- Whitening of the coronal portion of the teeth using materials generally available to the public without prescription
- Application of treatment liners (no pulpal involvement)*
- Application of matrices and wedges*
* Controlled acts not allowed in Ontario at this time